Sunday, July 19, 2015

DIY Bulletin Board


Hi friends, I'm finally uploading my first (of many to come) crafting post! I move into my sorority house where I will be living in three weeks *eeeek!!!* so I'm trying to finish up a few things for my new room. This bulletin board was so easy to make. Hope y'all enjoy!
xo,
Lauren

Materials:
  • plain bulletin board
  • 1/2 yard of fabric of your choice
  • needlenose pliers 
  • nailhead trim (I used about half of the roll)
  • plain thumbtacks 



Step 1- Start by flipping the bulletin board face down onto your fabric and tack the fabric to the back of the bulletin board (the back of mine was cardboard making it super easy!)



 Step 2- Work your way around the bulletin board, upholstering all sides. When you come to a corner, just fold it as if you were wrapping a present. The fabric on the back may not lay perfectly but you won't be able to see it from the front, so don't worry!



 This is what your bulletin board will look like when you are done covering it in fabric! (Side note- I totally forgot to press the fabric before I upholstered it but the wrinkles will settle on their own!)


 Now we're ready to start using the nailhead trim! I bought this from JoAnn's and it comes out to only $11 when you use one of their 50% off coupons (literally google JoAnn's coupon and it will pop up first thing)



 Step 3: Lay your nailhead trim around the metal edges of your bulletin board (you will be able to feel where the metal frame is when doing this.) The nailhead trim stays straight and then every 5th circle you will insert the thumbtacks included so the trim stays in place!

 Step 4: When you get to a corner, simple use needle nose pliers to snip the nailhead trim where you feel the metal frame starting on the next side. Start your following side (side note: it is much easier to start each side with a tack so it will stay in place, even if you have to snip a few in between where you ended the last side) and go around all sides of the bulletin board.


 Yay! You're done! Now add pictures and enjoy your DIY bulletin board!

No comments:

Post a Comment